Sunday, April 19, 2009

What happens if you put colour-renovating shoe polish on suede shoes?

Has anyone out there ever tried??... I don%26#039;t mind if the suede texture goes completeley flat... (it%26#039;s sort of flat now).


I ruined a brand new pair of pink suede costume shoes by dropping a spot of cooking oil on one them - it cleaned off OK with a suede cleaner, but a bit of colour came off too....


Cannot find fusica pink suede dye on web or ebay search.


I know that renovating leather shoe polish is great for reviving colour on leather shoes and it%26#039;s available in pink - I also found pink satin shoe dye and silk paint... wonder if this might do alternatively?





P.S.


From experience I know that suede shoes never really regain that %26#039;as new%26#039; velvetyness with wire/rubber brush... and yes, I know that suede shoes in a pink shade would go grubby %26amp; manky in time but I haven%26#039;t even worn them yet!! *sniff*


...Feibing do suede shoe dye in red and burgundy ... but I want PINK shoes!!!

What happens if you put colour-renovating shoe polish on suede shoes?
For many years I have used a product called Magix shoe spray. It is a shoe dye and we have used to it die everything from vinyl bits for costumes to shoes to match. It seems to work fine on suede. Go to a shoe repair shop and ask for it. There are a few other sprays that are made by other manufacturers but since everywhere I have been has had Magix I have not tried the others. They will try to sell you a %26#039;prep product%26#039; but all you need is some cheap acetone nail polish remover as a prep. Some of the nail polish removers don%26#039;t have that chemical in it anymore so make sure you check. Clean them off with the stuff first as it sounds like that patch of lighter colour will show if you don%26#039;t try to even out the shoe colour first.


As for the %26#039;polish%26#039;. I don%26#039;t think it will cover the patch and it will surly be uneven as well as run the risk of the same thing happening again. Polish doesn%26#039;t %26#039;bite%26#039; like the shoe dyes do.


Good luck


Christina


http://www.carrhunger.com



skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment